Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Trail Ride With G & G




This was our view at lunch Wednesday at the Castlerock loading area. As we were sitting there munching, I saw my parents go by in their truck and trailer. I knew they were heading up Cooper Gulch to go for a trail ride at Echo Valley.

I grabbed my camera and jumped in the car as soon as we finished. This was going to be excellent content to catch my parents embarking on a trail ride. I was afraid our lunch took too long and that by the time I got to the trail head they would already be gone.

I had to hurry! I felt like a Storm Chaser but more like a Grandma and Grandpa Chaser!

Luckily I made it in time.




They were almost tacked up and ready to ride. Perfect timing!



You couldn't ask for a more beautiful fall day. No wind and about 50 degrees. This time of year the Echo Valley trails are very quiet. You can't see it but Grandma and Grandpa like to pitch each other crap while they tack up. Their crap slinging keeps them entertained as they prepare for the ride. It always entertains me.



Grandma mounted up first on her little mule Darlin. Grandpa wasn't entertained when Darlin bumped into his mule.



See it's about to happen....Grandma scolded Darlin for her unruliness and got out of there.




Here's Grandpa just settling in on Patches.





And they're ready to go!




Happy trails!







No comments:

Post a Comment